This post contains affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. Thanks.
In this post, I will share a yoni oil recipe that you can easily make at home with natural ingredients. The recipe is a blend of nourishing base oils, herbs and essential oils that are known to support the health and balance of the vaginal area.
I will explain what ingredients you need to make yoni oil and their benefits, so you could tailor the recipe to your needs.
So, let’s dive in and learn how to make your own yoni oil!
WHAT IS A YONI OIL?
Yoni oil, also known as vaginal oil, is a natural blend of oils infused with essential oils and herbs, designed to support feminine hygiene and vaginal self-care.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF YONI OIL?
Yoni oils can offer a variety of benefits for the vaginal area. The benefits can differ based on the ingredients used in the recipe. Here are the benefits that you can expect from yoni oil recipe:
– Improve skin’s health around vaginal area. Yoni oils can help relieve dryness, itching and irritation, and promote overall health and balance of the skin around vaginal area.
– Prevent ingrown hair. The moisturizing oils keep the skin hydrated and pliable, allowing the hair to easily penetrate the surface. Meanwhile, tea tree oil acts as an antimicrobial, eliminating bacteria and fungus, and reducing inflammation. Together, these oils work to prevent new ingrown hairs from forming, heal existing ones and prevent infection.
– Antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties. Essential oils, such as tea tree oil and oregano oil, have antifungal properties that can help combat and prevent fungal infections in the vaginal area.
– Improve odor. This yoni oil is formulated to combat odor with the use of tea tree oil, a natural antimicrobial agent that helps to curb the growth of bacteria and yeast that can lead to unpleasant smells. Additionally, it contains neroli and sweet orange essential oils which provide a pleasant and feminine fragrance. Together these oils work to leave you feeling fresh and clean.
INGREDIENTS FOR HOMEMADE YONI OIL
CALENDULA INFUSED OIL
Calendula oil is a great choice for your intimate area as it helps to soothe irritated skin and reduce inflammation. Because of that it is a great ingredient for those who suffer from eczema, dermatitis, and other inflammatory skin conditions that can often appear in the folds down there.
Calendula is also a natural healer. It can aid at healing minor cuts and boo-boos down there.
On top of that Calendula infused oil keeps the area moisturized and hydrated.
MCT oil is a very unique oil. It is a type of saturated fat that is made up of medium-chain triglycerides. These triglycerides are obtained by extracting them from coconut oil, which naturally contains a significant amount of MCTs.
Additionally, MCT oil has lauric acid component removed, resulting in an oil that stays in liquid form at room temperature.
MCT has pretty strong anti-fungal properties. It is especially efficient against Malassezia and Candida, which are most common types of fungi negatively affecting our skin’s health. These fungi can cause not only infections, but also other skin conditions, that are closely linked to the presence of these fungi on the skin, such as folliculitis, psoriasis, dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis.
MCT oil is effective in treating fungal issues due to two key factors:
1. Caprylic acid, a component of MCT oil, possesses strong antifungal properties, both topically and when ingested (caprylic acid supplements are also available for antifungal purposes).
2. MCT oil is composed solely of medium-chain fatty acids, which fungi cannot consume. This starves the fungus and prevents it from thriving.
Additional benefits of MCT oil is that it is very lightweight and doesn’t feel as greasy as other oils. It is very pleasant to use.
Can I use coconut oil instead of MCT oil?
While coconut oil can be used in this recipe, it is not a suitable replacement for MCT oil. Coconut oil is effective against bacteria, but it does not have the same antifungal properties as MCT oil. This is because coconut oil contains lauric acid, which can be consumed by fungi. The vaginal skin is particularly susceptible to fungal issues (due to moisture), so it is best to stick with MCT oil.
Bisabolol is the main active substance in the Roman chamomile flower. It has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, accelerates the healing process, soothes irritated and sensitive skin .This ingredient is recommended for use in cosmetics intended for babies, people with sensitive, allergic and psoriasis skin.
TEA TREE OIL
Tea tree oil is beneficial for this recipe in many ways. When used as a yoni oil, it can help prevent infections and folliculitis by eliminating harmful bacteria and fungi. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, which can reduce swelling, itching, and redness caused by razor bumps.
And if you already have wounds, cuts or ingrown hair, the tea tree oil can help heal them faster.
Tea tree oil is one of those essential oils that have truly powerful properties proven by science. If you are interested to learn more about it, check out my post about research proven benefits of tea tree oil.
Vitamin E oil is a well known antioxidant and anti-aging ingredient. I add it to most of my oil-based formulations. It not only enhances the antioxidant properties of the product, but also prolongs the shelf life of the oils, allowing us to use the oil for a longer period of time.
YONI OIL RECIPE
The recipe is for a 50 ml bottle.
– 20 ml of Calendula infused oil
– 28 ml of MCT oil
– 0.3 ml (approx. 5 drops) of Bisabolol can be added up to 1% of formula.
– 3 drops of Vitamin E
– 5 drops of Tea tree oil
– 7 drops of Neroli oil
– 4 drops of Sweet orange oil
It’s important to be cautious with the amount of essential oils used, as too much can cause irritation for those with sensitive skin. It’s recommended to use no more than 20 drops per 50 ml bottle.
HOW TO MAKE YONI OIL
- Begin by adding a small quantity of dried calendula petals to your bottle, purely for aesthetic purposes. If you prefer, you can skip this step. *If you have chosen dried Calendula that includes the whole flower (like I did), ensure to carefully select bright yellow, pretty petals for a visually pleasing appearance inside the bottle.
- The next step is to pour your calendula oil into a bottle. If you have infused the oil yourself, make sure to strain it first by using a cheesecloth to remove any flower residue, like I did in the photo below. If you are using a pre-made calendula oil, this step can be skipped.
- Use a small funnel to pour calendula oil into the bottle. Fill the bottle to just less than half capacity.
- Next, add MCT oil, leaving a small amount of space at the top for the addition of essential oils, Vitamin E, and Bisabolol.
- Finally, add your essential oils, Vitamin E, and Bisabolol. Close the bottle, and shake it well to ensure the ingredients are fully combined. Your yoni oil is ready.
HOW TO APPLY YONI OIL
For best results, use your DIY yoni oil on a daily basis after showering. Take a couple of drops of oil and rub it between your palms, then apply it to moisturize the mons pubis and labia.
Additionally, using the oil after waxing or shaving the vaginal area will help soothe sensitive skin and prevent the development of ingrown hairs.