This post contains affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. Thanks.
If you follow my posts, I’m sure you know that I absolutely love whipped soap sugar scrubs. I shared a couple of whipped soap sugar scrub recipes before – foaming lavender sugar scrub and whipped soap coffee scrub. Go check them out! They are easy to make and an absolute joy to use.
Whipped soap sugar scrubs do two things. They cleanse the skin like soap and exfoliate it at the same time. I like using it instead of a shower gel.
Since I last posted my foaming lavender sugar scrub recipe, I made it a few more times. Changing it up each time to keep things exciting. It’s so easy — change the color and the scent and Boom! – a completely new body scrub and shower experience. Over time, I also made a couple of tweaks that change the texture and feel of the scrub.
In this post, I am sharing with you a new version of my whipped soap sugar scrub recipe.
How this recipe is different from my previous ones
1. This recipe calls for double sugar. This makes the finished body scrub thicker (I love that texture!). Each scoop has double the exfoliating power, yet still feels very creamy. You only need a little bit of the product to create a creamy lather.
Using more sugar also means that you can make more jars for less $$$.
2. This whipped soap sugar scrub recipe includes some oil for a moisturized skin feel.
3. It has a layer of a golden sugar scrub in the middle. I wanted to show you a cute and easy option to change the look of your whipped soap scrub and give it a more luxurious look. I hope you like it!
How to use soap sugar scrub
Begin your shower routine by running the shower for 5 minutes and letting the warm water soften the skin. Take a little bit of the body scrub, wet it and rub between the palms. Scrub will start foaming, which makes it very easy to apply all over your body. Concentrate more on the areas that need exfoliation.
Whipped soap sugar scrub recipe:
– 300 g | 11 oz of foaming bath butter
– 700 g | 25 oz of white sugar (Tip: fine grain sugar makes better scrubs)
– 10 g of | 0.4 oz carrier oil (I used fractionated coconut oil, but any oil that is light in color will do)
– 3-4 g (approx. 60-80 drops) of essential oils. I used this Worry Free blend which I absolutely love. It is a relaxing essential oil blend that helps to improve the mood and calm the mind.
For the golden layer:
– 15 g | 0.5 oz of carrier oil
– 50 g | 1.8 oz of white sugar
– golden Mica powder
I was able to fill out 3 x 8 oz (250 ml) jars. I used plastic jars like these (plastic jars are safer for your bathroom tiles if you tend to drop things like I do), but here are very nice glass jars too.
In case you are wondering what foaming bath butter used in this recipe is
Foaming bath butter is a gentle, foaming, soap-like product base, designed for whipping. It can be used to make luxurious bath, shower and facial products such as whipped foaming bath butters, shaving soaps, frosting for bath bombs, body scrubs, soap frosting and much more.
The formula is mild and won’t irritate the skin. It feels very creamy and creates amazing foam. On top of this, it is rich in glycerin which makes it moisturizing.
PIN FOR LATER:
How to make whipped soap sugar scrub
1. Add your foaming bath butter to a large mixing bowl. Turn your mixer on low and break up any clumps. Increase the speed and continue to whip until the product is creamy and fluffy.
2. Add your carrier oil and essential oils. If you want to add color (soap dye or mica powder), add it now. Start mixing on a low setting to incorporate the oils, then increase the speed and mix for another minute.
3. Add half of the sugar and whip. Then add the rest of the sugar and continue to whip. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and continue to whip until all the ingredients are completely incorporated.
4. In a small bowl, combine 15 g of oil and a dash of golden mica powder. Add approx. 50 g of sugar and mix.
5. Take your jars and fill out approximately half with your homemade whipped soap sugar scrub. I used a piping bag for this task as it makes the process cleaner. But you can simply scoop the scrub with a spoon. Try to keep the sides of the jar clean and wipe them off before applying the golden middle layer. Then, take a spoon and layer some of the golden sugar scrub. Then, add more whipped sugar scrub on top.
All done. To use, apply on wet skin and scrub. Wash off. Enjoy!
- 300 g | 11 oz of foaming bath butter
- 700 g | 25 oz of white sugar
- 10 g of | 0.4 of carrier oil
- 3-4 g (approx. 60-80 drops) of essential oils (I used Worry Free blend)
For the golden layer:
- 15 g | 0.5 oz of carrier oil
- 50 g | 1.8 oz of white sugar
- golden mica powder
- Add your foaming bath butter to a large mixing bowl. Turn your mixer on low and break any clumps. Increase the speed and continue to whip until the product is creamy. Add your carrier oil and essential oils and mix.
- Add half of the sugar and whip. Then, add the rest of the sugar and continue to whip.
- The golden layer: in a small bowl, combine 15 g (0.5 oz) of oil and a dash of golden mica powder. Add approx. 50 g (1.8 oz) of sugar and mix.
- Fill out half of your jars with the sugar scrub. Then, layer some of the golden scrub on top. Fill out the rest of jar with the soap scrub. All done. To use, apply to wet skin and scrub. Wash off. Enjoy!